Skip to content

General

General

Categories

6 results found

1. It would be nice if users could post questions about a specific walk from the walk details page. Questions in the forum can get lost due to volume, one user may ask a question regarding a specific walk then a year later another user may have the same question (they would be unaware that someone else has already asked the question). Having the information in one place would make it easier for users and people updating the walk details, make the walks more accessible.

An added bonus would be when someone posts a question it could email the people who…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Another idea I’ve also considered. Great minds :) A bit tougher to implement so I’m still working out how best to do this. I’ve noticed sometimes people will even ask questions in their tick comments so this would help avoid that.

2. Would be great to be able to search walks by grade, distance, and duration.

Also user profiles should be changed from a simple list of exploits to contain extra information.

- An experience level gauged by ticked walks to allow users to know from what perspective a review of a walk is coming from.
    - An achivements list Highest/Longest/Hardest type thing
    - An assement of what the users "Average Walk" looks like, Senic Rim Hiker/Multi-Day hiker/Peak Bagger ... whatever just an idea of what the user likes to get upto
    - A counter for total distance walked on ticked tracks…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Users can't post ideas if the link is not accessible on the site. Are you thinking of moving this to the forum instead?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great if you could indicate on each walk which mode of transport it is accessible by (i.e four checkboxes on the detail view: car, 4WD, train, bus). Many people do not have their own car and have to rely on public transport. Having no indicator on the walk page makes it difficult to know whether the walk is accessible to the user. In the future it would be great to filter walks based on these eg "only show me walks accessible by train".

Here is another screenshot of a site that has this feature implemented:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r9ig4kgckdeapd/transport%20indicator.JPG

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. not an idea as such ...but I can't seem to upload photos ... I try to upload but nothing happens ... it just sits there telling me it's loading, and hours go by ...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For people creating walks. A checklist of items needed such as 4WD, ropes, clear weather (dangerous if wet, creek crossings), etc. Most is normally covered in the description but just a suggeston!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?